Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Subaru, the Drama Queen

So I've decided that my sexy Subaru is a bit of drama queen. Last week, the check engine light came on and the cruise control light started blinking, sending well known panic through me. Crap ... I can't be without my car and I sure as heck can't afford a mechanics bill. Ah well, nothing to do for it, but call up the dealers service department and make the appointment. At the very least, I would need a diagnostic run to see what the error was. The manager at the service department reassured me that since the check engine light was not blinking, it wouldn't be too serious. Now keep in mind, my sexy Subaru did something similar to this last winter. That was a computer chip and I am so glad I bought the extended warranty which covered most of the cost. So, into the shop she went today. I got to drive the dreaded PT Loser ... um Cruiser, back to work and waited anxiously for word. The oil was dirty. That was it. She needed an oil change and an engine additive to clean her up. Granted, yes, she was overdue for her oil change, but not by that much. She'd gone much longer last time before the oil was changed. That would be a whoops on my part. I've very politely asked my sexy Subaru to next time not be such a drama queen and find another way to remind me she was due for an oil change. Better yet, maybe I should just keep track of her mileage better.

No comments:

Post a Comment