Thursday, October 1, 2009

Memories

Just a short post for now...it is almost midnight and I have work in the morning...

On my way to Buffy night, I could smell wood smoke in the air. Boy, the memories that brought out. Growing up in Lewiston, we used to have a wood stove and my Mom could really get a fire going. I could smell the wood smoke and it was almost as if I was back in Lewiston, stepping out onto the porch on a cold winter night, headed out to see my friends. Or a lazy, coldSunday afternoon, curled up in front of the fireplace with a book, wearing shorts and a t-shirt (like I said, Mom builds a kick a$$ fire!).

All this, from the chill fall Boise air and a faint sent of wood smoke. I really miss that wood stove...helping Dad to stack and store the wood every fall.

Fall weather itself brings all kinds of childhood memories out...chill mornings walking to the bus stop, the smell of leaves, frost, and wood smoke...the excitement of a new year at school...seeing old friends and making new ones.

Now, I'm helping my Son create his own childhood memories. Annual trips to the pumpkin patch and so on...I worry sometimes that he will grow up angry and bitter about the Divorce, I hope and pray that someday he will understand that even though we no longer love each other, that no matter what we will always Love him.

And so, I'm done writing for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment