Friday, July 9, 2010

Sorrow

Tonight I received the terrible news.

He was my little brother in everything but blood. We grew up together. His Mom took me in as one of her own when I so desperately needed a haven.

He was a kind, gentle soul. His love knew no bounds for his family and friends. He was the one who would willingly give you the shirt off his back and last dollar.

I am grateful that we were able to spend some time together last month. I am grieved that I will no longer hear his laugh, see his smile, or receive another bear hug from him.

Billy was epileptic and not once in his life did he let that slow him down. Last night, he had a seizure, hit his head on the table, and died instantly.

My heart aches, I sorrow at the loss of such a kind and loving man. I miss my friend, my little brother.

I hope you finally found some peace Bill. Spread your wings and fly little brother.

Rest in Peace
William "Billy" Myrick
January 11,1978 to July 9, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment