Saturday, August 28, 2010

Love Lost

When I was in high school we dated. I don't remember for how long or even why we decided to split. I do know that he remained one my dearest friends and even though we lost touch and years passed before we saw each other again, we were still very close.

Whenever I needed someone, he was there for me and vice versa. Not long ago, we managed to reconnect online.

Last weekend, he showed up unexpectedly in Lewiston during Hot August Nights. Into the early hours of the morning we sat outside, talking, holding each other close.

Over the years I have often wondered what might have been had we stayed together. I loved him deeply then and find that I still do.

Fate has decreed that we live hundreds of miles apart.

And that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment