Monday, September 13, 2010

New Beginnings

So, today's the day.

Since today is my first furlough of this fiscal year, I have decided it would be a good time to go to CWI and apply. I'm hoping to attend and get my degree in Web Design. I'm praying to qualify for enough financial aid to pay for the courses. And, to be honest, I'm scared.

I attended college briefly right out of high school. Didn't even finish my first year. I was too burned out on school and my heart wasn't in it.

Later in life, I took the A+ courses in the hopes on being certified to do IT work. I enjoyed the classes and learned a lot. That plan failed when after hard studying and practicing, I couldn't pass the tests to be certified. I've never done well with testing.

So now, I've decided to try again. I want something more in life. I want a career and job that I can be satisfied with, that I'm happy with. Something I can wake up to each morning and want to do.

But still, that nagging feeling that I'm going to fail again persists. It seems like so much in my life that I've tried to do has ended that way.

In my mind, I know I'm not a failure. My heart has a difficult time believing that though.

Circumstances always change the road we are on. While I may trip and fall, I will pick myself and continue on.

And pray, that someday, the road I follow will lead to true peace, happiness and contentment with myself and the life I've built.

No comments:

Post a Comment