Thursday, November 19, 2009

Free my soul...

"Give me the beat boys and free my soul...I wanna get lost in that Rock 'n' Roll..."

That was playing on the radio on my way home from Buffy night tonight...that's something I haven't done in a while. I used pick out a CD, plug in the headphones, lay down and just lose myself in the music.

I feel off kilter...like I'm careening too fast around the corner on highway 55 and am heading for the river. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to. I love my Son, take care of him, play with him, teach him and so on. I spend time with Harlequinn the grumpy cat and Sadie the playful puppy. I make sure my Son feeds his fish. I keep the house clean, prepare meals, do the shopping, pay the bills. I go to work Monday through Friday and Church on Sunday. I spend time with Friends and Family, laughing, joking and relaxing. So why does it feel like something is missing? Isn't this what life is about? What exactly am I missing?

Maybe it's time I plug the headphones into the stereo and lose myself in the music again...just drift away...would that help? Is that what my weary soul, aching heart needs?

My Son is my life...I will do whatever it takes to keep him happy, healthy and all the good stuff that goes with raising a child. But honestly, is that all there is for me? Now I feel selfish...only thinking of myself and how lonely I am...how empty I feel. Have you ever been surrounded by loved ones, family and dear friends and still felt all alone? Seriously, what is wrong with me?

Ok well, now I'm just rambling...time to get ready for bed and the take the pup out one more time tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment