Friday, February 24, 2012

Retreat: Day 1

I made it through work, excited and nervous for the first day of the retreat. I don't know a lot of people at my church so I was a little scared when I first walked in. Thankfully one of my Son's teachers was there. She greeted me and we chatted for a bit until more of what would be my faith community for the weekend showed up. We ate dinner and talked, just taking some time to get to know each other. After all, we would be spending the weekend together. After dinner, we gathered in the gym, singing at first. We sang many of my favorite hymns. I just lost myself in the music. We listened to speakers then broke into our smaller groups to talk. I found myself opening up and letting out hurts that I had buried deep. It was different somehow, opening myself to these women I'd just met versus talking with my family and friends. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment