Saturday, February 25, 2012

Retreat day 2

There are no words to truly describe today. It was amazing, wonderful, filled with love, laughter, tears, and release. For so many years, I felt lost, merely going through the motions of being Catholic. Today has changed that feeling. Finally, I let go of old hurts and fears, embraced God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit in my life. For the first time, I felt the Holy Spirt move through me. It was fire and ice, raging storm and peaceful mountain lake all at once. All those times camping when the sheer beauty of the mountains would take my breath away, I can now recognize as the Holy Spirit reaching out to me, if I only knew how to listen. Tomorrow will be the last day of the retreat. I am saddened by this, but also filled with joy because I have grown closer to my God, my Savior and his Holy Ghost. We will be placed in our small faith communities and I am looking forward to meeting them and continuing to grow in my faith. I don't feel so lost anymore. I know who I am and I can see the road ahead, more clearly than I have in my life. I open my heart to you Lord. My life is yours to do with as you see fit. Mind, body, soul, I am yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment